Friday, June 3, 2011

THE PARKING GUY

The Parking Guy is king 
With florescent wings

In the M-Block furnace he’s maneuvering
Cars into tiny gaps and corners as the owners 
Begin battling
To save that extra ten Rupees
They find so bloody taxing

“I could give it to that girl begging
Surly she’s more deserving
Though when I saw her last
I kept the note for the parking”

The thing about the Parking Guy
Is that he never asks why
Is it that no one dares
To care about how he makes his living?

Giving most of his earning
To someone used to air-conditioning
Who then gives a share to the MCD as an offering

With his florescent wings he goes about fighting
For a little glance from someone, anyone
Who would recognize him as a human being
If not as their king with florescent wings

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’” Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment