Wednesday, August 31, 2011

HAVES & NEEDS


Have Food, Need Variety
Have Clothes, Need Style
Have House, Need Re-Furnishing 
Have Bike, Need Re-hauling
Have Car, Need Accessories 
Have Laptop, Need Programs
Have Website, Need Updating
Have Canvases, Need Painting
Have Paintings, Need Sales
Have Videos, Need Editing
Have Photos, Need Framing
Have Frames, Need Hanging

Have Bible, Need Reading
Have Read, Need Revelation 
Have Revelation, Need Surrendering
Have Surrendered, Need Obedience
Have Obedience, Need Grace
Have Grace, Needless to Say
Have Everything, Lack Nothing

"But by the grace of God, I am what I am"

1 comment:

  1. There is a tension between what I own and what owns me.
    How much of my peace is hinged on my productivity?
    How much of my identity is wrapped around my abilities or lack of? We've heard time and again, "What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?"

    To him the price of his soul is worth whatever the world gives in exchange. Anytime, anywhere, anyhow, he's for sale.
    But is there another price, a right, accurate value for my soul?
    If there is, does that price bring with it a correct recognition of my worth, my identity and how I should live? A perspective that puts all 'things' in their right place and lets me live in true freedom!

    I believe there is such a thing that lets us see how priceless we are!

    ReplyDelete